Terms of Stay
Upon my stay at Swanton Motel, I agree to the following terms:
- Rooms & furniture soiled due to spills, incontinence, or other guest charges, will be charged a $150 cleaning fee
- PETS, if qualified, are an additional $25 per night and must abide by our Pet Policy
- All rooms are NON-SMOKING/NO CANDLES. There is a $150 smoke odor cleaning fee for smoking inside or near rooms
- Designated Smoking area is posted at location, Pool Patio area
- Damaged and stolen room furniture, appliances, linens, or other property will be charged to registrant
- Unpaid bills sent to collection agency will include collection fees to be paid by the registrant
- We reserve the right to refuse service to anyone and will not be responsible for accidents or injury to our guests
- We will not be responsible for loss of money, jewelry, valuables, or any articles of any kind. We do attempt to return lost items to our guests when found or recovered
- One parking spot per room as labeled, with limited visitor parking
- During pool use, guest will abide by posted rules
- Outdoor Surveillance system used to ensure the safety of all patrons of Swanton Motel
- Any criminal activity will be reported to proper authorities
- Key(s) can be left in dropbox, located on right side of Front Office door
Non Smoking Policy
In Compliance with Vermont law, ACT 135, all rooms at the Swanton Motel are SMOKE FREE rooms. Guests who smoke in the room will be charged a $150 cleaning fee.
We do, however, make every attempt to accommodate smokers – some of our best friends are smokers. During the warmer months we have outdoor chairs and tables with ash trays located near the pool patio. This allows smokers a comfortable location to smoke without affecting the rooms and other customers.
The $150 cleaning fee is a fair price to cover the costs we incur to clean a room of the smoke contamination. Some chain hotels charge $250 for this cleaning. We want to guarantee ALL our guests a room that is hypoallergenic and free of unpleasant odours. Not only is it an understandable irritation for non-smokers exposed to odours left behind by smokers, but an increasing number of people are allergic to the contaminants in the smoke. Therefore we must perform an “extreme cleaning” after smoke contamination in a room. This includes, but is not limited to, carpet steam cleaning and shampoo, curtain washing, bed pads, comforters, pillows and blankets washed (including the spare pillows and blankets in the credenza), walls washed and the entire room treated with a special deodorizing agent. This guarantees to the next guest the cleanest possible environment.
Our motto is “we sell clean”. To that end we strictly enforce the above policy. We are glad that nearly all of our smoking guests respect our SMOKE FREE status. We seldom have to enforce this policy.
The Swanton Motel cautiously accepts pets. We know there are a lot of great animal lovers that take wonderful care of their pets; keeping them well groomed and extremely clean. To those people we want to cater to to their travel needs and include them on our guest list.
Our motto is “We sell clean.” To that end we want to guarantee ALL our guests a room that is hypoallergenic. That requires us to do “extreme cleaning” after pets stay in a room. This guarantees to the next guest, the cleanest possible environment. For our extremely allergic guests we have some rooms we will absolutely not accept pets in.
To help us maintain our level of cleanliness we ask owners to abide by our policies:
- Pets must be clean, non-shedding, free of worms, fleas and other parasites. As well as updated on shots. Owners must be able to present the record of shots upon request.
- Pets must be friendly to people, especially children, and not aggressive in any manner.
- Pets must be fully housetrained.
- Pets must be kept on a leash or otherwise restrained on the premises.
- Owners must carry and use clean-up bags and dispose of bagge feces directly in the motel dumpster.
- A $25 per night fee will be charge for the pet to cover the “extreme cleaning” to meet hypoallergenic requirements.
- Owners must provide a credit card that will be scanned for a $150 hold to guarantee the pet will not soil any part of the room, including the carpeted room, the bedding, chairs, as well as the tile bathroom floor (tiled floors are not easily cleaned of fecal matter as some people believe). This hold is released after check-out, upon confirmation that the pet did not have any accidents.
- Owners staying multiple nights must allow our cleaning crew access to the room every morning to clean and inspect the room.
- Pets must not be left unattended on the premises.
Cancellation & Refund Policy
- A valid major credit card is required to reserve or rent a room.
- Cancellation must be made 72 hours prior to check-in date/time on reservation.
- Cancellation fee of $25 will be applied towards credit card.
- Large block reservations (3 or more rooms) or long durations (more than 4 nights) must be prepaid and are non-refundable.
- Non-shows will be charged for first night of reservation, plus cancellation fee for any remainder days on reservation.
- All cancellations/refunds at Managers discretion. We understand emergencies happen, plans change, life happens. We work hard to be fair with our valued customers.